Thursday, April 8, 2010

Help!!!

Hello All!!! Happy Thursday! So today I have some random ranting that I have to get off my chest! ugh! So my hair, I LOVE my natural hair and my baby locs, but recently I tried to redo my locs and they were so neat and pretty (photographed on the left) and now they look like crap! I have tied them up and everything! sheesh, I used ORS. I've tried Thailia Wajjid before too and I didn't really like it so maybe I need to give it another chance. I don't like the Jamaican Mango and Lime because its too greasy and I think I will have buildup issues that I do NOT want. So what should I do? Maybe someone can help me with some different products to use that is not heavy or greasy or slimy lol and that will actually hold my hair! Help me out yall!

Here are some more pictures of my FRESH re twist... that is no more lol...
So basically I went from this ^^^ to
THIS (beware pics could be VERY frightening! lol )
And do yall see how dry it look? My gosh I put natural oils in my hair everyday! What's the problem??? Plz help a sista out!

5 comments:

  1. Hey sista!

    I have 4a/4b type hair, and my baby locks are about 7 months old now. When I retwist, I make my own mix ( i never used a store bought brand). Its kind of hard to give measurements, but it consists of about 4 heaping tablespoons of Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, about a teaspoon of jojoba oil & a teaspoon of honey. Eyeball it when you're measuring, but basically the aloe vera gel is going to be the base of your mix- FOTE doesnt flake, the aloe and jojoba condition your hair, and the honey adds a little shine and helps add to the hold of the gel. That's just what has worked for me, but trust, it took a LOT of trial and error for me to find exactly what worked for me. After i retwist wit the mix & clip them down, I sit under the dryer for as long as I can stand it (about 30 minutes) or zap it w/ the blow dryer until its dry enough for me to take the clips out.

    Here's my fotki if you're interested. Hope this helps!!!

    http://public.fotki.com/fraideeecat/

    -Peace & Blessings-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less is more, love. Leave them babies alone. Seriously..the less products you use, the more they will flourish. I had to learn this the hard way. I agree with aloe vera gel. My locs are 15 months old and I still use that. Let them be, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! imma def try that aloe vera gel pray for me yall! lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking nice, I begin going natural last year October!

    Lately...I've been thinking about perming my hair though lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girl! Yay for natural hair! I think we all have those "Dang I wanna perm my hair" moments lol

    ReplyDelete